Monday, August 27, 2012

Disable Linux suspend options RECOMMENDED

I warn everybody to edit their options to disable it.

Mine runs Linux Mint 13. I had no cursor on my desktop. My down button hit Suspend by mistake. It wouldn't turn on correctly for an hour. went back to turn it on 40 minutes later and for once the screen appeared. I lucked out. This works for Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora thus far.

Terminal:

gksudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy

I replaced

< allow_active>yes< /allow_active>

with

< allow_active>no


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disable suspend in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cent OS, Scientific Linux

Terminal:

gconftool-2 --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
-s -t bool /apps/gnome-power-manager/can_suspend false

No comments:

Post a Comment