Thursday, December 15, 2005

Saw PSP with HDD | Working Designs filed Chapter 7 bankrupty

I saw a 4 GiB PSP HDD from Datel (the British videogame peripheral manufacture). The device boots from the memory stick duo drive and the HDD clips onto the back of the battery department. This can be used for AAC, MP3, and game saves. Datel doesn’t say how this affects battery life. As I see it the HDD isn’t used all the time. When in the media player the MP3s are streamed and play for an hour. I guess PSP fans’ dream has come true. It’s probably the best Christmas present this year.

Having 128 kbps MP3 files instead of 64 kbps AAC doesn’t bother me. The improvement in space doesn’t matter to me. Finding a new device that’ll play AAC files is not worth it.



Even though the PSP with HDD looks like a brick, I’d carry it around and can fit in my pant’s pocket. How much it will cost?

In recent news, the RPG developer and publisher Working Designs filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy two days ago. It couldn't afford to stay in business because there are more RPGs now than 5 years ago. IGN says, "Working Designs final games were expensive to produce and were too obscure to make gains" Game Arts (developers of Lunar Silver Star Story, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, Grandia games) got Ubisoft to publish their future games. Likewise, I haven’t been able to play Lunar games yet. I rather read a review because there are smarter gamers who play it than me.

Working Designs has once released Magic Knight Rayearth on the Sega Saturn despite the company having lost source code in a hard drive dump and had to reconstruct it again. They lost money publishing it in the states because their fan base wanted them too further leaving the company in debt.

Computer I asked for Christmas to improve my gaming experience by 50%.

Systemax™ Dual-Core AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+ / Microsof® Windows® XP Professional / 1GB DDR / (2) 250GB SATA HDDs / DVD±RW Dual-Layer / DVD/CD-RW Combo / Media Reader / ATI Radeon® X700 256MB

No comments:

Post a Comment