Sunday, December 11, 2005

Emulating Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Raliant Silvergun, Daytona USA, Daytona USA 2 in MAME

I was reading reviews of what RPGs are coming to United States in 2006. There are seven of these including Final Fantasy 12, Disgaea 2, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2, Grandia 3, Suikoden V, Xenosaga Episode 3, Kingdom Hearts 2, and whatever else comes out. Those are the only ones I can think of now.

And I am thrilled I got Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of the Super Heroes running on my PC using MAME32. I own Marvel Vs. Capcom for Dreamcast so it's legal. It is 45.2 MiB uncompressed (22 MiB ZIP). I’m wondering if most DC games in the fighting genre are around 50 MB. The best part is when you insert coins (or hit start) the female goes, “Lets go crazy!” The music is like Street Fighter and Mega Man. It’s like Street Fighter 2 Turbo or plays like it. On the 2nd level I get beaten. Then I got bored of the MAME version and played it on DC instead. I got to the 3rd stage using the controller (I don’t own an arcade stick). Maybe I should! The controls in the emulator were somewhat goofy although I used a game pad.


Marvel vs. Capcom

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Raliant Silvergun

MAME

Also I downloaded Daytona USA Twin Arcade (own it for DC also) and the game wants to network, but there is no network. I want MAME32 to override it. I also have Radiant Silvergun ROM (which works with a ST-V BIOS).

Plus, I downloaded 19xx, Air Change Blade, Gunbird 2, Daytona USA 2, GigaWing 2 , King of Fighters ’94, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. Pro Gear, and Radiant Silvergun from a ROM server. I’ve also been looking for IKARUGA without luck (also own it for Gamecube). I’ll remember to ask for Marvel Super Heroes vs. Capcom next time I’m in the game store.

Meanwhile, the UPS mail man brought a HP ink jet printer to the door and told me it was for our family. Someone is getting a computer for Christmas. My mother wants a laptop to go on world wide web. I asked for an Athlon 64 X2 processor and 1 GB RAM in a new case.Who the hell knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment