Sunday, June 22, 2003

Blizzard Entertainment, the creator of World of Warcraft and Diablo 2, has increasingly interest me. I have been playing Diablo 2 for more then 2.5 years. I stayed off it for 5 months until I started up again. Yesterday I joined a big chat at Gamespy.com about World of Warcraft. Gamespy has a Warcraft Portal. I've been playing Diablo 2 and on a private channel on Battlenet I've been learning actually how big World of Warcraft is going to be. At first, I thought it would be "Warcraft 4" playing like Warcraft III would with war tactics, seeking and destroying military bases. Yesterday I heard that World of Warcraft would be much like Dungeon Siege where it would be both a massive Single Player mode game and have a massive multiplayer mode covering the same amount of land like Dungeon Siege. I like Dungeon Siege and is one of my favorite PC games, so naturally I would be driven towards World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft looks state of the Art, much like Dungeon Siege did when it came out. Star Wars Galaxies is coming out this year, and is another MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) Everquest 2 is another, but I'm not much into that game. So I've been checking the previews of that game and playing online with Diablo 2 the past 2 days.

I've recently got the Action Replay for Xbox. This allowed me to continue playing Halo. I can now download online saves (which was done through the Dreamcast as well) It's kind of idiotic for me to discover that when you hold down X on the Xbox controller that you can switch guns which were laying on the ground and I couldn't figure out how to arm them. I always had a hard time believing that I had no ammo in the middle of the game. Especually the one when Pyro goes into the spaceship (the end of level 2) has his to find another way out, before this team gets killed.

I've also added a slightly different design of my webpage. (version 3.3) I thought with every new version, I can change my logo with it. I've added Blizzard Enertainment to "Greatest Game Developers of all Time Page 2". I've added links to my menu drop down so check that out too if you haven't already. I found out that a major javascript bug is keeping my site from being seen in Mozilla and Netscape. That's the error messenge you get in Internet Explorer. It's not html code that's the problem! When I uncompress my html, it shows up fine, and show up in all browsers, but when I compress the html, half the graphics won't even work in either Netscape or Mozilla! That sucks. I know that compressed html helps the page load quicker. But no one is giving me feedback, so I don't know if people like compressed html or not. The compressed html compressed the hypertext up to 20% of actual size.

No comments:

Post a Comment