Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bought Shining Force III

I love RPGs which is why a few months ago I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga, the best game nobody has played. Panzer Dragoon Saga used Saturn to its full potential. It had polygon transparency that 90% of Saturn games never had. Squaresoft, had it developed for Saturn, would've had transparency. Saturn never had high profile RPGs. I bought a RPG For Sega Saturn, Shining Force III Scenario I, a 1998 game. I've played all the high budget Squaresoft, Working Designs, Atlus and Enix games for Playstation in the 2000s. I've played Panzer Dragoon Saga, the only RPG. Dragon Force, which I also own, is a strategy RPG. I only played a days worth on Dragon Force. Dragon Force isn't a Final Fantasy Tactics. Shining Force III emulates the greatness of Shining Force II, which was Sega Genesis's second best RPG after Phantasy Star IV. This game came out 2 years after Super Mario RPG and Sonic 3D Blast. Sega had this thing about 2.5D games on Saturn. Sega Saturn had many 2.5D shoot em ups like Radiant Silvergun, Don Don Pachi, and Battle Garegga.
Shining Force III is well received from videogame reviews, about a 8.5 out of 10, an equivalent of Atlus's Persona 2 or Squaresoft's Final Fantasy Tactics for Playstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment