Saturday, November 5, 2011

digital distribution

I read a lot on digital distribution of PC games or Virtual Console. I know I saved $3000 on Roms, ISOs and stuff. It mostly was rom games for old consoles in 1999 – 2005, because PCs could emulate old consoles. Search ‘roms’.

It seems like the Gamestops and other non-big box stores are beginning to die, because of Rom collecting or ISOs.

I hate Steam. There is zero tolerance for used game ownership. Fortunately, I got out of this through Target gift cards. Electronic Arts encryption is more tolerable, I have to use No-DVD crack on all their newer games just to execute.

I played all the Saturn shooters at least once, and played enough expensive Sega Saturn games for a review. It’s nice skip paying $150 just to play Panzer Dragoon Saga or Radiant Silvergun.

I downloaded a few PC games: Monkey Island Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Battlefield 2142, Spellforce 2, GTR 2, GTR, Formula 1.

The Japanese likes handhelds, because most own DS and PS2 in a large margin. The Nintendo DS came out on top, with 62.1% of the group owning at least one iteration. The PlayStation 2 came in second at 58.5% .New Consoles are 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th place.Japan Loves Old Games, But Not Older Gamers. Things have become far more corporate and structured. Strangulation might follow if changes don’t occur. DS and PSP are more popular in Japan. So Japan won’t buy as many new games, yet Americans would.

I’m trying to think on what obsoletes videogame sessions with Americans?

I know it’s called Facebook, Farmville. The primary successor is taking pictures for facebook daily. Facebook photos and amateur photography replace videogames all together! People don’t want to buy too many games as a result. I am the only person in class of 2003 in St. Croix County (including 2004-2011) who blogs anymore! They’re Facebook hardcore posters entitled too much to join Google+ (joined Google+ five months ago) even blogs EXCEPT youtube.

Lesser substitutes are iPad, iPhone, Android OS for photography for flickr or photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment