Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bought a Turtle Beach Montego DDL with 7.1 Dolby Digital Live! Surround Sound and EAX 2.0

I went to Ruby Tuesdays restaurant with my parents in Stillwater, MN to have an Ultimate Burger Supreme with everything and I talked about TVs and soundcards. Burger tasted great. Then we’re talking about the successor to UHF and VHF TV bands (that isn’t satellite/cable) in shortwave band form. It’s a black box that receives digital signals (MPEG4 stream) hooks up to your coaxial connection.

Then I bought something really awesome! A 7.1 Dolby Digital Live surround sound card called Turtle Beach Montego DDL, cutting edge technology that rivals the Sound Blaster X-Fi, but is $50 less. Same specs at least. $130 less with 64MiB X-RAM. What’s 64 MiB X-RAM? It is audio RAM for games that support it. Could well be the best sound card for $80 USD. For speakers I normally use mini-headsets that fit inside my ear. I also have Cyber Acoustics 4400 5 piece 4.1 surround sound speaker system, but I don’t use them at all. I like the room quiet.



I suspect that Tigerdirect meant 5 business days when they shipped my PC on Tuesday cos it’s not here yet. I thought the postal service didn’t take holidays off. I also bought a PCI card with adjustable dual fans for $19! What a bargain it was! My other PCs need their case fans and case fans are so inexpensive! I’ll show pictures once I get it without the Montego DDL obviously.

I might be able to get into Minnesota Life College, but I don’t know anything yet. This’ll help me be successful in life and my computer more than likely will stay home for I would have an apartment. Little disappointed I can't tinker around with the PCs there like i can with my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment