Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dungeon Siege 2 | emulated Atari ST | 85% done with Metriod Prime 2 Echoes

Dungeon Siege 2 is coming out tomorrow locally. I've had played the prequel in 2002 and made it too the end. It’s a MMORPG as well as single player RPG. It has slightly better graphics than Dungeon Siege, but same old click on monster deal making the character do all the work. From what I learned...the other characters in your party mimic you better than before. IGN gives it 8.0 out of 10. Graphics were 8.0.

Randy didn’t answer his phone on Saturday or Sunday so I was trolling PS3 forums instead. College starts next week and my time doing these things will be minimal.

So I cut open the shipping box and packaging plastic of the mp3 player. Handled the Zen Touch in my right hand and noticeably lighter than my Archos Jukebox 20. Before I could try this new portable player out, I had to go to my technical college to get books. I drove there /w 2 thumb drives in my pocket. Walked in the front door and a college girl asked for raffle tickets for some college football game. So I said “no thanks babe” and scuttled my way to the book store. Before looking around I bumped into some young adults who left immediately. Two minutes later I found out the required textbooks were the same as last year so all I did was waste gas! Went back home to play with my new gadget, uploaded the required M$ Windows driver and added my electronica and country to the gadget. I won’t add all the music to it.

Damn, I’ve gotten so far in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, but I hadn't scan enough dead marines or metroids to proceed to the next area. I’m angry. I saw Metriod Prime (AKA Dark Samus) for the first time in this game cause I didn’t play Metriod 2 Samus’s Return.

To kill time I was emulating the TOS 2.06 operating system via Steem Engine. The program can run full screen too. I alt tab so I can get the cursor to the Windows desktop instead of inside the program so I can maximize the window. Games only required 1 MB at 10 MHz….not much. Remember, Atari released it in the mid-80s. I got Pacman to work on it.



Downloaded another emulator called Project Tempest made to emulate Tempest 2000 on PC and it works perfectly if you don’t mind playing it with a keyboard. Jaguars are $150. I'm not paying for one so I was more interested emulating Tempest 2000. The usefulness hasn’t changed that much since Windows 3.1 except for broadband Ethernet and playing 3D games.

This is Ian signing off. I’m very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment