Wednesday, April 14, 2004

24 hour mayhem!!!!

I woke up noon Thursday and stayed up for the next 24 hours. This sort of thing isn’t good for me, but I do it anyways. I think I drank 3 Mountain Dew bottles that night. In the morning, my eyes started to sting and I couldn’t walk straight so I figured I should go to bed. Mostly I’ve been staring at the computer screen. I think I know what I want for Christmas now. Tigerdirect.com had a good price range for Athlon 64s based desktop computers. I liked the 1000 dollar ones. The Athlon 64 FX-51s are higher CPUs that have 200+ MHz clock speed than the mainstream version. But they double the price of a new computer. I need a new computer because technology is progressing. The question I ask myself is when should I get a new computer? So I raise 1300 dollars and get the next generation of computer hardware. Should I wait 1 year or 2 years to buy it? It’s an ever going dilemma. 18 months is a lot of time you know. It’s a choice I’m very conformable making. This time I won’t fry my motherboard and CPU by ESDing it.



I already know what I want:



Case with transparency with fancy design. I like blue the most.

Windows XP Pro

AMD Athlon 64 3600 or Athlon 64 4000

Soyo Dragon Socket 768 /w on board sound or a Nvidia nforce3 Motherboard

1024 MB PC2700 of RAM

DVD-RW+ 8/24/12

XFX or PNY Geforce 4 5700 256 MB DRR videocard

120 GB hard drive

100/1000 NIC



What should I do later today? Play with my multimeter? Hook it up to my car battery and see how many Volts pass through it. Fluke makes a tough multimeter so I’m sure it can do that sort of thing easily. Why do you think the whole unit is rubberized including the wire?



Last night I went online with Diablo 2 LoD and I leveled to 64. I was playing the Baal runs when I came across 3 characters that could do Battle Command, Windforce, firewall and some other skills that they could not normally do. They wear a rune called Call of Duty they made by mixing runes in the cube. The Mal rune is easy to find, but players want the most elite items if they give it away. It’s a new formula in the 1.10 patch.



I now have possession of the Region 1 PS2 Bios, SPCH390001.bat. I was really happy to get it for the PSXE2 emulator. I used eMule and I had to re-download off the servers because the servers on eMule change every 10 seconds. After 1 hour of download attempts, I got it. This allows me to play Playstation 2 games on my PC. I can legally have this file because I own a Playstation 2. Why don’t I just play games on Playstation 2? I do all the time though now in the near future I’ll be able to run it both on PS2 and PC. After someone fixes the CD-drive issue.



I talked to Shawn today. He graduated from Renaissance Academy a year before I did. In 11th grade I enjoyed talking to him. I’m not very knowledgeable in cars like he is. I often got confused when we he hyped up about 4 wheel off-road magazines. He’s the kind of person who would love monster truck rallies. One thing I picked up on is he doesn’t care who you are as long as you’re friendly. Everybody else were into girls and MTV music, he not so much. We got a better connection. Shawn does different things now. He is a mechanic and works on his own car. I am trying to get a computer technician degree. I never really was very close though we often talked with each other during lunch every day. To be honest I don’t know him too well. We once went to Home Coming at River Falls in 2002. That was after Brain (we called him Polebarn) left school. He went into the marines and he changed to a more aggressive person. I don’t see him and often I wonder if I should just forget about everyone in High School since we all go our separate ways.



I tried to get into the Navy once though I failed the test and I never re-took it. And here I am getting an entry level degree in network technician. To slow in math and that hurt me on the final test score. Though my reading level was better than most.



Does anyone want to send me a modblog message, and ask me if I need to change my mug shot? It’s already two years old. It was taken by a professional photo guy so that’s why it’s one of the best photos of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment