Thursday, February 26, 2004

I decided today I'm making a RPG myself!

Date: 2/16/04 at 7:40PM



I’ve been doing many things like hoping for someone to make it over, getting home late from WITC, and watching tv. No time to add an entry to this blog. On my website, I added a different mouse over image menu. It may not be state-of-the-art, but it looks cooler then when I had text for menus. On some high res screens the jpeg images look pixilated, that’s because image quality suffered for faster download speeds. You can find my website under the personal website link left of this page. I wasn’t sure if my website was age appropriate so I warned readers under 13 should not read it because I have some adult interests. I don’t mean about the “I’m in love and crazy about girls” part. I am 19, so therefore I can accept things better than most 12 year olds. If people don’t like it, I’ll change it back to how it was. First though, I have to have complaints though email feedback. Besides, I think everyone here is old enough. Don’t forget the guessbook!



And about myself - I haven’t changed much. I’m on the Internet eight hours a day, sure. I’m just surfing for games, gamefaqs, downloading MP3s over a modem, learning about processors specs. Working on my webpage mostly.



I remembering reading on Google, an article on “How to be an evil genius.” I really don’t know how I came across it. It had a lot of stuff about how to make your friends think that you’re in a dangerous situation, and how to make it an allusion or the absolutely right thing to do in any circumstance. Remember, most of this is just weird, and probably won’t work at all. I bet there’s a lot of the same thing around on the Internet. Have you seen the movie “Young Frankenstein” staring Gene Wilder? It was funny and kind of stupid and brilliant at the same time. At least, AMC couldn’t stop saying how brilliant it was after the movie credits. Maybe it was how the movie used the original set used in “Frankenstein.” (1931) The Gene Wilder movie was making fun of the original. Actually, I was trying to get the jest of the movie, there are a lot of crazy things in the movie I wanted to get out of it. This is where I think the phrase, “Evil Genius” originally came from Frankenstein….



I know people collect Square games and keep them. I want to promote my fan site. I haven’t updated the site for 2 1/2 months. After school, I went to the game store, first bought a PS2 Logitech Headset for 30 dollars. But Dad gave me 10 dollars, so I brought it back and got Final Fantasy Chronicles. (rare game for Playstation) I have a SNES. I bought one recently. It was a better deal to buy this remake than SNES versions. I played Chrono Cross through SNES 9x on Windows before, I am very familiar with it. I must have out smarted them because I know about ROMS. That would be cheating the game store though. I was nice, and now I have an authentic copy for once. I also own Final Fantasy Anthology. I have yet to buy Final Fantasy Origins. I updated my Square webpage with a ported review of Final Fantasy X-2. I don’t know whether or not I should add all the characters in that game to my site since so many other fan sites have it, and I can just link it too them. But than why build a fan site if you’re not going try to out perform other fan sites doing the same thing. Find my Square site at (http://www.renegadeviking.cjb.net). Thus, the endless cycle of improving and updating one’s page. Sign the guess book if you think it’s cool or sucks or needs work. It’s harder of me because I owned my first Squaresoft game 2 years ago. Now I have a total of 11 real copies of Squaresoft games cross platform.



So far, I have Final Fantasy I, II, III and XI Online on my computer. Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX on Playstation. Final Fantasy X and X-2 on Playstation 2.

Here are the consoles I have thus far. I beat only Final Fantasy VIII and X. I’m working on X-2. And I own and beaten Chrono Cross. That was also a good game. I plan to play Final Fantasy VII for the first time after I get it back from Bob. I know that most Playstation owners prefer VII as their Final Fantasy game of choice. I hear it was revolutionary, but I just got a Nintendo 64 that year so pardon me about not hearing about it right away. I was into Super Mario 64, Zelda 64, and Goldeneye, three revolutionary games the same year. If I had a favorite, it would be Mario 64. It only takes 3 words to describe the perfect platform game and they are Super Mario 64. My favorite level was the first Jolly Jolly Bay level. The music was cool. The level was cool. I have two 3 ring binders full of N64 strategy guides. I completed that game 5 times back when I didn’t buy 3 or 4 new games a month. RPGs I’m looking toward are Star Ocean 3, Final Fantasy XII, and Chrono Break (3rd installment in Chrono Series)



Here are the game systems I owned thus far from 1997 - Present



Nintendo 64 (Christmas 1997) Dreamcast (09/09/99) Saturn (11/01/2000) Gameboy Advance (March 2001) Gamecube (November 2001) Playstation (January 2003) Xbox (June 2003) PS2 (October 2003) NES, SNES, GBA SP (December 2003) 100+ roms and emulators for cartridge based consoles back-up on CDR. I’m saving 300 dollars for Playstation 3 when I comes out in August 2005.



I need feedback on my Final Fantasy fan page (use my guessbook please) and my current webpage. So if you would be so kind to drop by and say a few words, that would be most helpful. Comment on the logo, the reviews (I have auto spell so spelling shouldn’t be an issue) or the content, or loading times (shouldn’t be a big issue) On some computers, the javascript loads behind the first mini-window. If this is a bug that needs squashing, let me know. It’s hard to come by automatic navigational menu compilers that are compatible with Geocities. I tried at least ten including AllWebMenus, and Xara menu maker is the only one that works to my knowledge.



I had this idea today where I could make my own RPG on the computer. But I don’t know what tools to use. I thought about using a rpg maker, but I would need to be know at least enough code to move characters across the screen. I hear that Armageddon Games, a nonprofit game developer that ported Legend of Zelda to the PC, was working on a Final Fantasy I and II port. I am probably not the first person to think of turning Final Fantasy into a platform game. My first project could be a Final Fantasy hybrid because there are many animated gifs on the Internet that are made after the games. Cloud Strife in a platform game, wouldn’t that rock! I’ll call it….drum role please….Final Fantasy 7 - Cloud’s Adventure. The story could star universally known character, Cloud Strife, finding a serum that would bring back Atheia from the dead. It will be like Super Mario Bros. for the NES using the enemies, and characters from FF VII. Right now, it’s not even in the planning stages. First, I will have to learn how to move images across the screen. I could attempt this and fail. Spend the whole summer trying to tweak it myself. Would it be popular freeware game or another mediocre freeware game? No, I’ll make it open source! How much time would I have to spend on it for it to be long enough to be enjoyable? I played a couple freeware RPG’s like Jennifer’s Quest, Dink Smallwood, and Laxis Power. I’m trying to figure out how I’ll do the combat system. Maybe I’ll just use the standard Super Mario hit / jump. Laxis Power was the best version of RPG I’ve played freely available. The game closely resembles Breath of Fire. Except for SNES ROMS, which I know some of you readers have on your PC in secret.



No comments:

Post a Comment