Tuesday, January 6, 2004

I got a NES today just for the heck of it

Date: 1/6/04 at 6:12AM



Our nation is on high alert says the news. We may have lost a lot more marines over seas compared to Operation Desert Storm. It’s interesting that in 1991, under the Bush Administration, we plowed our way into Baghdad without any causalities. Now the USA gets disappearances in helicopter crashes, and detonated car bombs. Though threw all that we got ourselves a dictator. Remember in the movie “Canadian Bacon” (John Candy stars) the United States was picking enemies and they first picked the Russians, although they also went through some terrorist groups. It’s funny that the movie missed the most important one, Al Bled Mohammad. President Bush is probably sending the elite Delta Force, Omega Force, and the US Rangers after him as we speak. Hollywood should definitely make a movie after the events of September 11. I would go see it.



Yesterday, I bought a NES first from a licensed videogame dealer in River Falls. I knew which games I wanted for it, but I didn’t want to spend too much money on it. After some debate, I concluded to get one which later happened to be two. I’ve been playing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 through JNES on Windows since 1999. It’s fun to have to real thing. Why did I spend 60 dollars on an outdated machine when I could play it on PC for free? Well there are just some things that are fun to play as they were meant to be. That and the fact that I can say I own one. I also got a Super Nintendo with Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Super Mario World because I couldn’t make up my mind whether or not I wanted one or the other. This may be a bad habit to get into for some people I think but I’ve been collecting games on 7 different consoles for 5 years now. I wanted a little old school in my game collection. My way of thinking is people spend money on CDs, DVDs and entertainment like speakers, and gas while I just spend a large sum of my money on videogames, and gas. Most people only watch DVDs less then 5 times. You can only listen to a CD for so long – 6 months right? I have a MP3 player with 1800 songs on it, so why spend money on CDs. My advice for any one reading this is go out and spend 300 dollars on a MP3 player, and you’ll save money from than on after. It doesn’t have to be illegal if you have the original CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment